Handmade Large Pots and Vases

Claying has always been my passion, especially building large pots. Every time I scale a new height, i aspire to achieve the next level. Clay gives me liberty to express the design, shape, size I want. This time I converted a large pot into a lamp.

Amidst busy schedule, it was bit difficult to build this structure along with my classes, but finally managed it to complete in bits and pieces. Sharing few pics of journey of this big coil pot.

Few of you may be wondering as how to make long pots without using any mould or machine (pottery wheel). Coil Technique is one of the simplest pottery technique to build large pots of any shape and size simply with the use of hands. A very interesting face about coil technique is that you can also convert your coil pot into sculpture by joining/merging outer walls of your coil pot/sculpture.

Happy Claying!!








Comments

Popular Posts