Gautam Buddha Mask

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Terracotta Buddha Mask
This is THE famous "Buddha Chant" practiced by people all over the world and I got to know about this chant only few days back from a girl whom I met in a metro train. In our 15 min conversation, she tried explaining me the meaning of this chant. Another similar incidence happened with me after 5 days. A pottery student of mine mentioned about this chant and told me how it has improved her life.
.....Is it just a matter of chance that in a span of a week, I got to meet two people who believed in this chant n advises me to do it? Just wondering why i didn't hear ab't it from the people i know. Since I'm NOT a non-believer and always try to know good things about other religions...so I thought of practicing this chant ...i don't know how n why but i did start feeling good after practicing it!! The best part is that you need to chant it with your eyes wide open unlike in other religions.

Anyways, this chant is not yet synched in me...but certainly since that day i have been wanting to make a Buddha Face with wet clay. I was little skeptical and scared as I didn't want to spoil this creation as it was first of its kind. This is a pure handmade form of pottery ...I didn't use any mold, its made using different handbuilding techniques. Here is a glimpse of my most loved pottery creation till date...I found this buddha mask very cute. 
Happy Chanting!!


Terracotta Mask

Cont....This beautiful buddha mask is fired now and have come out beautifully...take a look!!
Fired Terracotta Buddha Face Mask



Comments

Popular Posts