Handmade Ceramic Fish

Finallllly I managed to complete my long awaited "Hollow Fish Lamp". I wanted to try my hand in hollow oval shape and what else could best fit into it other than a fish!!

This oval shape can be easily made using potter's wheel (only by those who are perfect on wheel)...but the real challenge for me was to build this hollow body using handbuilding technique as you know i'm not a wheel pro. I started working on this 10 inches long pottery piece 10 days back but was short of time to complete it. And I m happy that my little fishy survived in my studio for all these 10 days without water :) Two days back when i again started working on this piece ...it was as magical as I left it!! Phewww

My fishy is ready for firing ....She is charming, looks little notorious, and is designed to fill the room with beautiful light!! Happy Fishing...I mean claying!!

Hollow Fish Lamp

Comments

Popular Posts